10.29.2008

Dr. A Joins the UGA Teaching Academy


Dr. Carolina Acosta-Alzuru was inducted into the UGA Teaching Academy last night at the annual induction ceremony and dinner. Dr. Peggy Kreshel introduced Dr. A to the group and had the room in tears with her heartfelt comments.

As is tradition, Dr. A shared her teaching philosophy with the group:
"Respect and responsibility underpin my teaching philosphy and define my view of the teaching/learning process. I begin every class with high expectations for myself and for the students, who I never underestimate. My overarching goal is to encourage their sense of accomplishment so that, before the semester ends, their expectations of themselves will exceed my own. Through my enthusiasm for the course material and my belief in their abilities, I strive to show the students that the best source of motivation lies within them."

Other ADPR faculty who are members of the Teaching Academy include: Dr. Kreshel, Dr. Krugman, Dr. Sallot and Dr. King. Pictured above are Dr. A, Dr. King and Dr. Holifield.

No comments: