5.06.2013

AdPR student spotlight: Rance Nix

Rance Nix
Rance Nix, a junior studying advertising and music business, is from Atlanta. 

What encouraged you to apply to Grady College? Initially I wanted to be a marketing major with the Terry College of business. However, after reflecting on what I was truly passionate about I decided to apply to Grady College. Now, as an advertising major I am loving all of my classes and I am learning more and more each day. 

What activities are you involved in at Grady/UGA/Athens? Here at UGA I am an SGA Senator and Student Representative on the University Council. Both positions have been great opportunities to articulate the views and opinions of the student body and to improve the student experience here at the University of Georgia. I also emcee numerous events on campus for Greek organizations, UGA H.E.R.O.s, and Shop with a Bulldawg. I love hosting and helping the organizations put on successful events. 

What kinds of internships have you been involved in, and what were your responsibilities? I have not had any internship experience yet. However, I was offered an internship with BBDO Atlanta for this summer. I will be working in the Account Management department and I am really excited to work with one of the best ad agencies in the world.

What part of your Grady experience (classes, professors, etc.) has been helpful in your internship or work experiences? My classes and professors have been extremely helpful as I start my post-college career. All of my advertising classes and Grady College electives are equipping me with the right knowledge and skills to do well outside of school. Moreover, my professors have not only been teachers, but also amazing mentors.

What advice would you give to someone who is considering pursuing an Ad/PR program? If one of the Ad/PR programs is something that you want to pursue, do it! From my introductory classes to my major classes, I've loved it.

What are your career goals and interests?  After I graduate next May I hope to work in advertising. I would also like to be an actor. I enjoy being on stage hosting events and making videos for my friends and fellow students to enjoy. I hope that eventually I can reach an even bigger audience on television or in movies. Either way, whether through advertising or acting, I want to be a positive influence and inspiration to every person that encounters me. 

No comments: