5.19.2015

AdPR doctoral students earn awards and recognition

Congratulations to Hye-Jin Bang and Dongwon Choi, two doctoral students in the Department of Advertising and Public Relations who earned recognition for outstanding research conducted in the graduate program.

______________________

Hye-Jin Bang was awarded the Len Reid Graduate Student Research Award. This was established by the AdPR Department to honor long-time, award-winning educator and researcher Dr. Leonard Reid and recognizes research excellence in graduate education. 

"I am extremely honored and grateful to receive the prestigious Dr. Leonard Reid award," Bang said. "This award truly encourages me to pursue my interests and continue my research in the field. Additionally, I’d like to thank Grady College for being supportive of students." 



Dongwon Choi was awarded the Dean Krugman Graduate Student Travel Award. He will travel to an international scholarly conference

“It is an honor to receive this award. I am a first-year PhD student. I will continue to pursue my degree next year, and I hope to continue making quality contributions to the Grady College,” said Choi. 

The award was established in Krugman's honor. He is a long-time educator, scholar and administrator at the University of Georgia.

Both Drs. Reid and Krugman, emeritus professors in the department, remain actively involved with students and scholarship.

No comments: