2.03.2016

Intern spotlight: Kayla Morgan

Public relations major and AdPR intern Kayla Morgan
Kayla Morgan is a junior public relations major pursuing a minor in communication studies from Dallas, Georgia, and currently serves as a social media intern for the advertising and public relations department.


What are your goals for your career after UGA?
I plan on graduating in May of 2017, working as the marketing director at Athens Chick-fil-As for a couple of years, and then moving on to work in the public relations department at the Chick-fil-A home office in Atlanta.

Who has been an impactful teacher during your time within Grady College?
Kristen Smith was one of my favorite professors, she taught my Graphic Communications course. I don’t think any class will be able to top it. She’s an incredible professor who genuinely cares about her students and I learned so much in her class that will benefit me in my future career.


What is your dream job after graduation?
Chick-fil-A Corporate is my dream. It gives me chills to picture walking through the same halls that Truett Cathy began his legacy. I can’t wait to be there.


What has been your favorite experience or memory during your time as a student within Grady College?
Receiving my acceptance during October of my sophomore year was a feeling unlike any other. I felt so proud to be accepted into a college that has jump started the careers of so many incredible people.
Do you have a dream travel location?
I want to go to Venice, Italy. Pasta and beautiful landscapes is all that I could ever want.

Describe valuable lessons or skills that Grady College has helped develop for you.
Learning Photoshop and InDesign with Kristen Smith has been my favorite lesson so far. This knowledge has already been applicable to internships and jobs that I’ve had since taking her class.

Because of what I’ve learned through Grady, I’ve been able to reach new levels on social media platforms through my internship with my Chick-fil-As in Athens. When I started my internship, we only had 250 followers, and now we have nearly 3,000. I can credit this growth to what I’ve learned through Grady.

Do you have any fun facts about yourself that you’d like to share?
The movie “Radio” with Cuba Gooding Jr. is a true story about a man who participated in a football program at T.L. Hanna High School in Anderson, South Carolina. I attended this high school my freshman year before my family moved to Georgia. Radio is now 68 years old, but he’s incredibly sweet and fun to be around. He came to all of my volleyball games while I was at the school.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
In 10 years, I hope to have worked at the Chick-fil-A home office for a few years full time. I would love to do some freelance writing and planning for the company while I stay at home with my future children.

The Advertising and Public Relations department is proud to have students like Kayla on the AdPR team. Thank you for your hard work, Kayla!

No comments: