4.23.2013

Breanna Price chosen for AAF's Most Promising Minority Student Program



Breanna Price
Breanna Price, a senior advertising major from Cuthbert, was recently chosen for the American Advertising Federation's Most Promising Minority Student Program. 

The program, now in its 15th year, promises to "provide opportunities to recruit fresh talent, to further prepare advertising’s best young prospects and to help the industry's workforce better reflect the multiculturalism of today's society." The AAF is the oldest national trade organization for advertising.
  
Price was nominated by her professor, Dr. Kirsten Strausbaugh-Hutchinson. While at UGA, Price has been the advertising director for InfUSion Magazine, a social media assistant for the Education Abroad Office in the Office of International Education.

During this semester, the AAF had the students visit media organizations such as DraftFCB, CNN, Deustch and McCann Worldgroup. In addition, students attended workshops, discussions and a career fair attended by agencies such as BBDO, OMD, DDB, Leo Burnett, Digitas, and Saatchi & Saatchi, among others.


"It was the most amazing experience in my life thus far," Price said. I was in New York City for the first time and I met some amazing people. I was able to secure multiple interviews and was able to communicate with representatives from top, sought-after advertising agencies face-to-face. I made sure they learned my name and I learned theirs. We were very busy, but I wouldn't change anything about those three days. I wholeheartedly recommend anyone who is eligible to apply for this program." 

No comments: