5.25.2011

AdPR Senior Spotlight: Madison Staab


Madison Staab (ABJ '11)
Advertising major, Madison Staab recently graduated from Grady College and is currently living in Dallas, Texas.

What are your plans after graduation?
After graduating, I will be moving to Dallas, Texas to become a Corps Member in Teach For America. I will be teaching elementary school for the next two years in either inner-city Dallas or Ft. Worth. I feel incredibly proud to have been given this opportunity.

What are your long-term career goals?
On a long-term scale, I would like to work on the creative side of cause-related advertising or marketing. Whether this is promoting a non-profit organization or working within an agency that handles accounts of this nature, this would be an amazing opportunity. I am also particularly interested in advertising for art museums, specifically emphasizing the importance of creativity and art education. Basically, if I could find a way to combine advertising, art and education, that would be amazing.

What do you wish you had known when you entered Grady college that could have enhanced your experience there?
I wish I had more TIME! I have been involved with Ad Club, HSBT, Grady Ambassadors as well as negotiated my way into the Graphics and Portfolio classes and received the New Media Certificate—and I still wish I had done more! I hope that everyone can find a way to get involved as much as possible and I think it is important to make the most of every opportunity. My advice would be to utilize your advisors and develop relationships with your professors. It has made a world of difference in my Grady experience and their guidance and wisdom are not something I will soon forget.





No comments: