7.19.2011

AdPR Intern Spotlight: Francesca Pefianco


Francesca Pefianco is an Advertising major. She interned at Mediacom this summer.

What is Mediacom?
Mediacom is one of the world's leading media agencies. I am working at Mediacom's New York City office which handles media planning and media buying for many established clients including Audi, Subway, Dell, Revlon and Volkswagen.

What are your responsibilities this summer at Mediacom?
This summer I was placed on the Subway Restaurant team in the Communications Planning Department. I participated with my team in all of the brand strategy and media planning components for Subway, including creating the entire Upfront Plan for the 4th Quarter.

What valuable information or skills have you learned thus far at your internship?
I got to play a hand in all aspects of media planning, including brainstorming, analyzing data, making flowcharts and creating media plans. I also received hands-on training in several media software programs, including MRI+, Stradegy, and Xpert. I was able to attend several client meetings and be exposed to the true corporate agency atmosphere.

Has anything you learned in your Advertising classes aided you in your internship this summer?
Several things I learned in my Media Planning class proved to be extremely valuable in my internship. Knowing the media lingo and basic formulas helped keep me up to speed with the team in my office when many other interns had to start from square one.

What has been the best part about living in New York City?
Living in New York is amazing. Everything you need is at your fingertips, and there is always something fun to do!

No comments: