|Ahn, King and Evans at the AAA Annual Conference|
Congratulations to UGA advertising faculty and alumni for being recognized for national teaching and research distinctions. The American Academy of Advertising (AAA) held its 2015 Annual Conference March 26 - 29, in Chicago. The American Academy of Advertising honors educators and innovators in the advertising industry.
During the annual conference, three faculty members from the Department of Advertising and Public Relations were recognized.
|UGA's advertising faculty at AAA|
- Nathaniel Evans, Assistant professor, received the Best Article Award from Journal of Interactive Advertising and also received a faculty research grant.
- Grace Ahn, Assistant professor, received the Mary Alice Shaver Promising Scholar Award.
- Karen King, Jim Kennedy New Media Professor, received the Charles Sandage Award for Excellence in Teaching which recognizes top educators in the industry.
In addition, several AdPR@UGA doctoral alumni also won awards at the AAA Annual Conference.
- Taehyun Baek (ABJ '07, PhD '11), Assistant professor at University of Kentucky, became the only person in AAA history to win Best Paper at the AAA Conference twice.
- Frederico de Gregorio (PhD '05), Associate professor of marketing at The University of Akron, won Best Reviewer Award from Journal of Advertising.
- Gergely Nyilasy (MMC '02, PhD '06), Senior lecturer at University of Melbourne's Melbourne Business School, won Best Reviewer for the Journal of Current Issues in Research in Advertising.