7.12.2011

AdPR New Alum Spotlight: Lauren Locher

Lauren Locher (ABJ 2011)
Lauren Locher graduated from UGA in May 2011, with degrees in Public Relations and Spanish and a Certificate in Personal and Organizational Leadership. She is currently living and working in Athens, GA.

What are your plans after graduation?
I am working as an Account Executive for See.Spark.Go, an Athens-based Public Relations agency that serves clients all over the nation. We work with clients such as Chick-fil-A Leadercast, Nike, Mutual of Omaha's Aha Moment Tour and Boosterthon Fun Run. I love being able to tell stories for such great companies and interact directly with our clients. It has been incredible to be so hands-on in the day-to-day activities at See.Spark.Go, and I am looking forward to seeing what else is in store.

What are your long-term career goals?
My ultimate goal is to work in corporate marketing and public relations or to be an event planner. As for right now, I am loving being able to explore countless companies and organizations through agency life. It's been really rewarding to have the opportunity to do multiple things, ultimately preparing me for wherever my life takes me.

What do you wish you had known when you entered Grady College that could have enhanced your experience there?
I wish I had known more about the New Media Certificate and how beneficial it is. Social media, web development and everything related to new media is so important right now in the public relations, marketing, and advertising worlds. I absolutely wish I would have been part of the program to learn crucial skills. So many companies are looking to hire people specifically for those positions, and I would have absolutely loved to be in the New Media classes.

No comments: