1.25.2012

AdPR Alum Spotlight: Evita Broughton

Evita Broughton graduated from UGA in 2004 with a degree in Advertising and a degree in African American Studies. She currently resides in Atlanta.

What are you doing now and how did you get there?
I'm a senior account executive at Fleishman-Hillard, an international communications agency, where I support AT&T's public relations initiatives surrounding device launches and third-party surveys. I began my career in public relations as an intern at Cingular Wireless' corporate headquarters where I worked for two consecutive summers in college. That experience helped me to land my first post-college position as an intern at Edelman, a top public relations firm. At the end of my three-month internship, I was offered a full-time position. During my tenure, I provided writing, grassroots outreach, strategic counsel, event planning, and media relations for Edelman's marquee clients in retail, entertainment, travel/tourism, and consumer health. In 2010, I accepted an offer to join Fleishman-Hillard's team where I am currently employed.

What is your favorite Grady memory?
Lively class discussions during Dr. Brooks' Race, Gender, and Media course. Also, hearing a certain Mid-Western professor pronounce the state Missouri. It cracked me (and the entire class) up every time!

What advice do you have for current AdPR students?
Hone your writing skills. Aside from leveraging intentionally-formed relationships, nothing will serve you better. Also, stay abreast of societal trends as well as top headlines in local, national and global news.

No comments: