5.17.2013

PR Major Kaitlin Miller speaks at UGA Spring Commencement



Kaitlin Miller
Kaitlin Miller was chosen the student speaker for the 2013 Spring undergraduate commencement exercise, held on May 10, inside Sanford Stadium. Originally from Stone Mountain, GA, Miller received triple bachelor’s degrees in Public Relations, Economics, and International Affairs. 

While at UGA, Miller was an honor student through Charter Scholar and worked for the Student Government Association since she was a freshman board member. She became vice-president of the association in Spring 2011, and worked with the executive team to maintain and direct the two-hundred member body, as well as chairing the organization’s sixty-five member senate, and representing the student body in a host of university meetings and committees. After graduation, Miller will be in Nashville, Tennessee with LifeWay Christian Resources, writing and editing for the Discipleship Team and division of Church Resources.


“I am most grateful for the opportunity to speak at our commencement because I had so many people to thank, and so many lessons and encouragements to share that continue to challenge me each day. I hope the speech had left all of us feeling brave, and believing that the best thing we can do with our lives is to lay it down for people and things far greater than ourselves. This university has inspired me to live that life over the last four years, and I know the example set for me by my mentors, professors, friends, family and Savior Jesus will continue to do so long after we leave.”

No comments: