2.24.2014

AdPR student selected for The Martin Agency Student Workshop

AdPR student Emily Hovis
Congratulations to AdPR student Emily Hovis who was selected to participate in The Martin Agency’s student workshop this year. Each year, The Martin Agency, located in Richmond, Va., puts on a student workshop where selected students get the experience of working in an actual advertising agency.

The students are broken into teams and given a creative brief. Over the course of the workshop, the teams are responsible for researching, strategizing and executing ideas. Each team is given several mentors who actually work at the agency and students have the chance to participate in several lectures and discussions given by industry experts on all of the different fields in advertising.

“I decided to apply for the program because I don't have any agency experience. I am in the midst of putting together my applications for portfolio school, and I want to make sure that this is the direction I want my career to go in before I shell out a small fortune and two years of my life in portfolio school,” Hovis says.

“I am so honored to have been chosen as my team's copywriter. Over 120 students applied and only twenty were selected, so I am so thankful for this opportunity. The Martin Agency was just named one of the top ten agencies in the country, and it is so inspiring to be surrounded by such talented and interesting individuals. Some of the Martin Agency's most notable work is for Geico, Oreo, and Walmart, and I am so appreciative that they are willing to host such an intensive workshop for aspiring students.

Founded in 1965, The Martin Agency is a leading advertising agency based in Virginia. In 2010, the agency was named AdWeek's "U.S. Agency of the Year."

No comments: