6.16.2015

AdPR student receives ABAC Mentorship Award

Hayley Hinson (ABJ '15) from Charlotte, NC, received the Atlanta Broadcast Advertising Club's Mentorship Award at its banquet on April 21. 

"Receiving the ABAC Mentorship Award meant so much," Hinson said. "The program gave me the opportunity to network with such an amazing mentor, and it ultimately landed me a solid job. I feel very privileged and blessed to have been considered.

"I am extremely grateful and appreciative to all the amazing people at ABAC," she added.

ABAC created the $25,000 scholarship to support a student actively involved in the ABAC/AdPR Mentoring Program.

"Hayley embodies both the spirit and dedication that makes ABAC's Mentorship Program special," Sean Jones, regional sales manager at Comcast Spotlight and president post-term at ABAC, said. Jones is also a member of the Advertising and Public Relations Executive Advisory Council at Grady College.

"She is my mentee, my friend and now my coworker. Hayley has embraced the journey and broadened her horizons along the way. I am very proud of her, and she is very deserving of this award," Jones added.

In May, Hinson graduated from The University of Georgia's Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication. In addition to receiving ABAC's Mentorship Award, she was recently hired by Comcast Spotlight in Atlanta as its digital sales planner. 

No comments: