6.19.2011

AdPR Young Alumni Spotlight: Meghan Ann McMullen


Meghan Ann McMullen graduated from UGA in 2010 with a degree in Advertising and is currently living in Atlanta.

What are you doing now and how did you get there?
I am working at Group M Motion in Atlanta- I am an assistant media buyer/junior buyer. During my senior year, I participated in an internship in Atlanta. I was going to school full time and working part time in Atlanta- commuting back and forth. This internship, compiled with my prior experience, served to open up several doors for me when graduation rolled around. I was able to network while still finishing my senior year. The connections that I made my last year at UGA were the ones that led me to my job at GroupM Motion.

What is your favorite Grady memory?
My favorite Grady memory would have to be my senior year campaign's class. Our final pitch for Bed Bath and Beyond will forever be embedded in my memory. I remember stressing so much over our final presentation and working long hours attempting to perfect our strategy. Half of our team had to miss out on Easter with our families because we had to scrap our whole creative idea and start from scratch. We ended up winning the pitch, however, I am more proud of all of the hard work that my team displayed all semester long!

What advice do you have for current AdPR students?
Work hard. Do not be discouraged in the job hunt- I interviewed at 8 different places before I found the right fit. Never underestimate the power of networking- you never know where it may lead!

No comments: